Sunday, January 24, 2016

Speaking Parts Have Been Distributed

For our whole-school musical "Squirm" to be performed in February, all the speaking parts were distributed last Friday, January 22, 2016. I am happy to announce that if students expressed an interest in a speaking part, I was able to cast them for a part! However, if students requested a specific part and were not willing to accept a different part, it is possible they did not receive a part. I explain to students that if there is one main part, then only one person will get that part.  So if 8 students requested that part, 7 students would not get that part.  But if they were willing to take another part, then I would try to cast them for an alternate part.  We do not do auditions!!  I firmly believe that anyone who wants to do a part can do it...

So that is how we do speaking parts.  But there are other parts which will be given out in the coming days.  Those parts are for "movement" and also "props helpers".  I like to wait on that a bit and my hope is that many more students will be interested in this, especially if they were not interested in speaking parts.  

No comments: